Billboard juhlistaa …Baby One More Timen synttäreitä listaamalla 15 faktaa biisistä ja sen teosta:
1. Britney Spears signed a Jive deal thanks to a Whitney Houston song. In this Billboard interview with Spears from 1998, Spears described being “so nervous” when she was invited to Jive Records to audition. “It’s easy to sing in front of a thousand people, because you can’t see their faces,” said the former “Mickey Mouse Club” star. “But then you got into a room, and there are 10 people staring at you.” Spears performed Whitney Houston’s challenging classic “I Have Nothing,” blew everyone away, and signed to Jive on the spot. “…Baby One More Time” was soon to follow.
2. “…Baby One More Time” was originally offered to TLC, but the R&B trio turned it down. Hey, these things happen — after all, Spears turned down “Umbrella” years later, and it eventually became a smash for Rihanna.
The 10 Best Things About Britney’s New Single ‘Work Bitch’
3. Britney knew “…Baby One More Time” was going to be a hit. “I had been in the studio for about six months listening to and recording material, but I hadn’t really heard a hit yet,” said a 16-year-old Spears. “When I started working with Max Martin in Sweden, he played the demo for ‘Baby One More Time’ for me, and I knew from the start it was one of those songs you want to hear again and again. It just felt really right.”
4. Max Martin worked on Britney’s “…Baby One More Time” album more than originally intended. The Swedish producer-songwriter was set to work on two songs for Spears’ debut album, but ended up submitting eight — three of which, including singles “…Baby One More Time” and “(You Drive Me) Crazy,” made the final track list. “In 10 days, I never even saw Sweden,” says Spears. “We were so busy.”
5. Britney Spears sings the word “baby” 25 times in the song. In case you were wondering.